The Irish Banking Culture Board (IBCB) was established in April 2019, and is an independent industry initiative, funded by the five retail banks in Ireland (Allied Irish Banks, Bank of Ireland, KBC Bank Ireland, Permanent TSB & Ulster Bank) with the aim of rebuilding trust in the sector through demonstrating a change in behaviour and overall culture. IBCB’s goal is to act as a transformative influence on culture within the Irish banking sector.
The role of the IBCB is to be an independent voice advocating for cultural change in the Irish banking industry. IBCB will demand that participating banks improve culture, customer outcomes and competence. Rooted in the knowledge that a changed culture will change outcomes, IBCB promotes ethical behaviour and advocates for humility, decency and respect in the banking sector.
The IBCB now wishes to appoint a Policy Manager, reporting to the Head of Policy.
The role of the Policy Manager will include to:
- Manage and influence an integrated programme of initiatives, events, stakeholder influencing and thought leadership to ensure that the IBCB has maximum impact in implementing its strategy and vision;
- Contribute to policy on key aspects of behavioural and cultural change (e.g. Speaking Up/Ethics/Communications) and the development of practical insights and materials for use by the IBCB and its member banks;
- Support members of the IBCB Policy team to horizon scan and plan for future developments to ensure the IBCB is at the forefront of emerging good practice & policy nationally and internationally;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key individuals in member banks and relevant external stakeholders;
- Support members of the IBCB Policy team and the IBCB CEO in their goals.
The role requirements:
- Proven track record in project management;
- A strong understanding, and interest in, the drivers impacting organisational and individual behaviours and culture, preferably within the financial services industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective collaboration internally and externally with a range of stakeholders;
- A self-starter with drive and ambition.
HR/staff engagement and/or survey experience would be an advantage.
Application process & deadline
To pursue your interest in this opportunity, please email a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter indicating your suitability for the role, in confidence to:
Niall Glynn & Associates Limited
Phone: 01 2766598 / 087 816 2978
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th November 2019.