Senior Policy Manager
The Irish Banking Culture Board (IBCB) was established in April 2019, and is an independent industry initiative, funded by the five retail banks in Ireland (Allied Irish Banks, Bank of Ireland, KBC Bank Ireland, Permanent TSB & Ulster Bank) with the aim of rebuilding trust in the sector through demonstrating a change in behaviour and overall culture. IBCB’s goal is to act as a transformative influence on culture within the Irish banking sector.
The role of the IBCB is to be an independent voice advocating for cultural change in the Irish banking industry. IBCB will demand that participating banks improve culture, customer outcomes and competence. Rooted in the knowledge that a changed culture will change outcomes, IBCB promotes ethical behaviour and advocates for humility, decency and respect in the banking sector.
The IBCB now wishes to appoint a Senior Policy Manager, reporting to the Head of Policy.
This is a new and demanding role. Responsibilities will include to:
- Deliver and lead an integrated programme of initiatives, events, stakeholder influencing and thought leadership to ensure that the IBCB has maximum impact in implementing its strategy and vision;
- Act as IBCB subject matter expert on key aspects of behavioural and cultural change (e.g. Speaking Up/Ethics/Communications) and develop practical insights and materials for use by the IBCB and its member banks;
- Prepare and present materials to the IBCB Board as required;
- Work closely with members of the IBCB Policy team to horizon scan and plan for future developments to ensure the IBCB is at the forefront of emerging good practice & policy nationally and internationally;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key individuals in member banks and relevant external stakeholders;
- Deputise for the Head of Policy and support the IBCB CEO in their role.
The role requirements:
- Proven track record in strategic project management & delivery;
- An excellent understanding of the drivers impacting organisational and individual behaviours and culture, preferably within the financial services industry;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build effective collaboration internally and externally with a range of stakeholders;
- Experience in working in a small team and delivering high quality results.
Project Management/Risk management experience in a regulated industry would be an advantage.
Application process & deadline
To pursue your interest in this opportunity, please email a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter indicating your suitability for the role, in confidence to:
Niall Glynn & Associates Limited
Phone: 01 2766598 / 087 816 2978
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th November 2019.